Centuries of Sound is two years old now. I have made mixtapes / soundscapes for the years 1859 to 1909, plus 2016 and 2017. All of these will remain freely accessible without any advertising. But from the first of next month there will be a huge amount of other material available for anyone who becomes a member of Centuries of Sound on Patreon.
* Download our radio podcast, where we break up the sounds with discussion of the music and history of each year
* Be the first to hear new mixes, delivered to your inbox a week before public release
* Every three months get access to an exclusive compilation of artists and themes parallel to the main mix
* Access our archive of over 30 themed mixes
* Be listed as an expert in a chosen field of historical sound on our site
All of this can be yours for $5 per month, the price of a single large coffee, and cheaper than a single pint of beer in Cambridge.
As well as getting these rewards, you will be helping this site to survive. I run Centuries of Sound in my spare time, and have both a full-time job and a family to support, and need to get some kind of income both to cover costs and to prove that this is a worthwhile endeavor. In these two years I have received a lot of very nice coverage in the media, but none of it has yet paid a penny towards web hosting alone. I want to have mixes all the way from 1859* to the present day – together we can make that happen.
Just click this button to make these things happen.